Thursday, June 30, 2005



EVERYONE IN THE 080 FAMILY HAS A STORY TO TELL.


I have heard such stories as "this...people na thief oh, I loaded N500 airtime, made a minute call and had N200 taken from my airtime..
or "I just sent one text message(sms) and have lost N100 from my airtime.." the complains are endless.

What still baffle me is the lack of such complains as: " I didnt load any airtime, now I have N500 airtime on my phone..." no, lai lai, you won't hear such fortunate (if it actually is) exclamation. Yet, all the exisitng GSM networks claim to be either " everywher you go, It's all about you, talk the talk or Glo with pride."

Experience shows that we don't have signals 'Everywhere you go' neither can we effortlessly 'talk the talk' nor does the congestion to the route of some network let us 'Glo with pride. The worst scenario is the continuous 'swicthed off' report of what is supossed to be 'All about you'.
Well..you could decide whose claim is worthy of acceptance. As far as my existence in the 080 family is concerned.. the palava lives and it's a prominent member of the family.

Now you that you are part of the palava, what palava have u to tell us?

Post comment below..pidgin english most welcome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the palava reach my side often. I don load 1500 wey 1300 dey miss for my MTN line.

Na only God go help us oh as this ppl no go ever gree make person chop their money!

ProudlyAnebira said...

Omeiza,

You can call 180 from your MTN line and give details of the complain. They go fit help for this kind one. palava dey!

Anonymous said...

MTN FASTMAIL SMS, FEATURES, GAINS AND PAINS.

I have always seen this menu called 'FastMail Sms' on my phone while browsing MTN Services. Few days back, I decided to give it a try and having read through the instructions via the MTN4U PDF Brochure, I registered (that cost me N50). Though I was amazed by the fast delivery of my email (the service is accessible from any kind of phone regardless of GRPS)the service appears to have more pains than gains.

Below is the outline of what the service is all about:

MTN FastMail: enables sending of sms to email box irrespective of phone type or email server. It is a premium service(?) that delivers sms to emails in matter of seconds. Replies to your emails are delivered directly to your phones, in the MTNFastMail Inbox.
It is like carrying your emails 'Everywhere you go'
Features, Gains And Pains:

- Once registered, a subscriber gets an email address @mtnfastmail.com e.g, nairaland@mtnfastmail.com

- To register, the subscriber sends a text message from his phone in this format: REG username(give space) password(give space)secretquestion(give space)secretanswer; eg REG nairaland 12345 mywebname nairaland; then send to 130.(This costs N25)

- A welcome message is recieved as: Welcome to MTNFastMail. Your MTNFastMail address is nairaland@mtnfastmail.com

- To LOGIN, send LOGIN to 130(This cost N25).

- To check your Inbox, Send INBOX to 130.(another N25)

- To read emails, send s/n(eg send 1, representing message 1) i.e send 1 to 130.(N25 again).This will only display the sender's name and message subject and the you will be asked to send MORE INBOX to 130 (another N25) to read the rest of the message.

- To send email, type a text message in this format: SEND EMAILADDRESS MESSAGE to 130 eg. type: SEND nairaland@mtnfastmail.com
This is to introduce MTNFastMail to members of this forum. send to 130 (N25 charge). You get a report if message is successfully sent.

Whenever you recieve an email, you get an instant notification as: MTNFastMail. You have received an email from nairaland@mtnfastmail.com(pardon my continous use of nairaland, it's just for explanatory sake). Total message in INBOX is 3. To view your inbox send INBOX to 130...

Using this service for the first time, I sent an email to a friend who was baffled at the service. He quickly replied and bet you, i spent N50 to read his reply which read: 'I received it'

I have assessed this service and have as well as discouraging my friend using it, resolved never to try it again. Imagine how rich Yahoo and MSN would have been if similar billing system is adopted.

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified palava080.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://lalatesttrends.info/forum].[/url][url=http://acbehindthescenes.info/].[/url][url=http://ruwhatsnewtoday.info/forum].[/url]