Friday, February 10, 2006

Resolved at last: My MTN4U Account

On its introduction as part of MTN value added service; sometimes in January 2005, I did all I could to register for MTN4U, a loyalty reward service for MTN prepaid subscribers. I read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions and finallyregistred as a member on 4th February, 2005. My first period(3 months as the policy applies) expired 4th May, 2005.

Meanwhile, I already reffered and assisted in registering many MTN subscribers including my family members, friends and neighbours as I perceived a lot from the service. After the expiration of my first period, all efforts at renewing my account proved unsuccessful. My refferals enjoyed and are still enjoying great benefits from the service.

I wrote emails, called customer care/help line on both 180 and 181 all to no avail.

Giving up? I already gave up but decided to send the very last email via the hekpdesk. Straight to mtn4u@mtnnigeria.net, my email went. No response.

One last call to 180. I was aked to hold on. My called got transfered to a more superior agent who assured me of rectification. His voice carried echoed some authority and for the first time after 9 months of complains, I was hopeful of a solution.

At about 5:30pm on friday, 10th of February 2006(after a year plus few days of my membership)I decided checking the account and there it was! Finally fixed. I already had N150 reward awaiting redemption.

I requested for redeem, and while typing this post, I got the SMS: N150 was successfully credited to your MTN Account from MTN4U.

I hieved a sigh of relief, 'At last!'

MTN4U is useful for all MTN prepaid subscribers irrespective of your recharge level. For more detal about the service, Visit this link and if you need help on taking advantage of the service, simply reply to this post and I will render assistance.

No comments: